Sunday, April 17, 2011

'Tis the Season for...

Easter!! Yup, it's Easter time and I'm pretty excited about one specific aspect of it, but before I get into that I should probably share a little about this blog. Big news: I'm dabbling into the blogging world full-speed with complete hesitance. I'm not sure how this is going to go and honestly don't know what to expect of it, so for the few (if any) followers, please don't expect much :) Hopefully this blog is going to be a conglomeration of the trials and tribulations (okay, so maybe not quite that dramatic!), joys and day to day happenings of our lives – probably mainly only mine! I also feel it's important to note that I will not be proof-reading these posts, because that's just how I am, so hopefully they make sense. If not, it's up to you to interpret! Anyhow, enough of me trying to justify this blog, on to the post...

So the object of my affection right now is my wreath! That's right. I made an Easter wreath. Full of purply goodness with hints of green and white to balance it out perfectly. Yup. It's perfect. Now obviously our Savior's death and resurrection is THE MOST important part of Easter; we wouldn't even have Easter if it wasn't for Him! Not to belittle any of that by this post, but I am just super duper excited about my wreath. Two things made me decide to make it: 

1. Our near and dear (that's my affectionate term for them lately) friends Rachel and Jeremy had a LOVELY holiday wreath that Rachel made hanging up in their apartment during the Christmas season. I was in love with it and was in aw at the simplicity of it. I had often thought about making one, but had hesitations until I saw hers. It was beautiful!
2. Our neighbors (who consequently happen to be our friend's parents!) have a wreath hanging on their front door that I am in love with. I am not sure if Jo made it, had someone make it for her or bought it. Regardless, it's fabulous and I wanted one. Have to keep up with the Joneses, right?

I feel like it's important to note that the viney wreath was purchased for $3 at Wal-Mart and the flowers were $9 at Dollar Tree. So simple :) 

Enjoy my beloved new prized possession and I hope you feel a little inspired as well!

The whole wreath

Up-close details

Hanging up outside our house...I love it!

7 comments:

  1. becky! it turned out PERFECT! i love it and can't wait to see it in person! i'm so excited that you're joining the blogging world and can't wait to keep reading. you are also near and dear to jer and i and we couldn't ask for better friends! love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your wreath is beautiful! i LOVE it. :) and awesome pictures of it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you two!!! I am so please with myself it's sickening! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Becky!! I am impressed! I love that you started a blog...yeah!! Oh, and I had no idea you or Brian did photography...which one of you is the photographer? I love the shots. Also, is that your house the wreath is hanging on?!! Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the wreath becky! you are too crafty!! :) hope all is well and have a Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Becky! I am absolutely in love with your photography & design :) endeavors- you are truly one of a kind. Your pictures are so genuine and full of life. I love seeing your place and the Easter-season inspired, homemade wreath :) you and Bdj are so stinkin' cute. Love you SO incredibly much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. :D totally looking forward to another day's entry!!! :D don't leave us hangin' BEC!!!!!!!!!!!! :S

    ReplyDelete